خالی بودن، جای خالی، پست بلاتصدی، (vacantness) محل خالی، تهیجا، جا
شبکه مترجمین ایران
noun ADJ. unfilled | suitable The agency will let you know if they have any suitable vacancies. | casual, temporary | job, presidential, senate, staff VERB + VACANCY have | create, leave Her going on maternity leave will create a temporary vacancy. | fill VACANCY + VERB arise, exist, occur A vacancy has arisen in our sales department. PREP. ~ for a vacancy for head chef | ~ in a vacancy in the catering department
Oxford Collocations Dictionary
ADJECTIVES/NOUN + vacancy
a job vacancy
• He searched the newspapers regularly for job vacancies.
a suitable vacancy
• We will keep your CV on file in case other suitable vacancies arise.
an unfilled vacancy
(= a job for which no one has been hired )
• The teaching unions estimate there are some 10,000 unfilled vacancies.
a staff vacancy
• Other officers are working overtime because of staff vacancies.
have a vacancy
• We have no vacancies for cleaners at present.
advertise a vacancy
• Where did you see the vacancy advertised?
fill a vacancy
(= find or be a new person for a job )
• We are making every effort to fill the vacancies.
create/leave a vacancy
• the vacancy which was created by White’s resignation
there is a vacancy
• She asked if there were any vacancies for salespeople.
a vacancy comes up
( also a vacancy arises/occurs formal ) (= there is a vacancy )
• A vacancy has arisen on the committee.
unoccupied or unused:
The hotel did not have a vacancy for us.