بنیچه، سهم، سهمیه، سهمیه
شبکه مترجمین ایران
noun ADJ. full He never takes his full quota of holidays. | annual, daily, monthly, weekly | national | fishing, milk, etc. the introduction of EU milk quotas | export, import, production VERB + QUOTA agree, determine, establish, set | allocate, impose, introduce | increase | reduce | achieve, fill, fulfil, reach We had to increase our output to fill the quota by the end of the year. | exceed Many countries are still exceeding their quotas. QUOTA + NOUN system PREP. ~ for quotas for oil production | ~ on national quotas on imports of cars
Oxford Collocations Dictionary
impose/introduce a quota
(= officially start it )
• In 1993 the European Union imposed quotas on banana imports.
set a quota
(= say how much it is )
• They have the right to set fishing quotas.
lift/scrap a quota
(= stop it )
• The minister for trade lifted all quotas on imports and exports.
exceed a quota
• The fishermen were accused of exceeding their quotas.
ADJECTIVES/NOUN + quota
a national quota
• Five countries maintained national quotas on imports of Japanese cars.
• The fishing qoutas are strictly enforced.
• With an excess of milk in the European Union, production quotas were imposed on dairy farmers.
• British industry was sheltered from foreign competition by higher tariffs and import quotas.
an annual quota
• The US immigration laws imposed a strict annual quota for each country of origin.
a production assignment:
Each person will receive a quota to produce.